I am the primary blog writer for the Ava Gardner Museum’s official blog. I frequently write or co-write articles, drawing on the museum’s collection for relevant artifacts, images, and archival documents to include, highlight, or center blog posts around. The blog serves as an extension of the museum by offering an avenue of virtually available outreach content.
Visit the museum’s website to browse all recent posts: www.avagardner.org/blog.
A selection of blog posts I have authored for the museum:
- The Author and the Actress: Ava Gardner’s Friendship with Ernest “Papa” Hemingway
- Lena Horne: Legend, Icon, and Friend
- Show Boat: Down the Mississippi Aboard the Cotton Blossom
- The Barefoot Contessa: The Price of Stardom
- Women’s History Month: Ava Gardner’s Political Activism
- “It Changed My Life Forever:” Pandora & the Flying Dutchman
- Celebrating Black History Month at the Ava Gardner Museum
- “The Sun Also Rises” & The Lost Generation of the 1920s
- Ava’s North Carolina During the “Roaring Twenties”